Same look, different way of heating. We define ‘heating core’ as the internal part of the vaporizer that vaporizes the active ingredients in the herbs.
With MiniVAP, you can choose the color and the heating core.
Our first heating element (called the Original Core) was created in 2008 and designed to extract and to prolong the taste and the aroma of the herbs, only by using convection heating (on demand hot-air flow).
We have explored the introduction of conduction/radiation heating (increasing the mean temperature in the loading chamber, the so-called “cooked” effect), to achieve more intense extraction at a higher vapor density, In 2011, the MV decarboxylation kit was released, as an accessory to add more conduction-radiation to the original convection cores.
In 2016, the original design evolved into the Quick Core technology. The Quick Core MiniVAP vaporizers heat up faster (highest temperature in 2-3 minutes) and increase the battery life (up to 3 hours), making it easier to inhale with less effort.
Since 2020, all the heating cores have been built with a borosilicate glass tube to achieve higher temperatures by convection and increase the durability of the vaporizer. A new innovation in the development of the convection core and convection-radiation core versions.
CONVECTION CORE: taste and purity
The convection cores are built with insulative materials, to avoid heating the plant when there is no inhalation.
Heating and vaporization are free on demand, so heating only occurs when the user inhales. At that point, the hot air within the vaporizer is drawn over the plant or extract to generate the vapor, with convection-evaporation rates of 100% in hot air.
MiniVAP convection heating core
The core is built with a borosilicate glass air path, but the loading chamber is made of PTFE (Teflon®), providing the following advantages:
- It will not conduct or absorb heat easily, so the temperature in the loading chamber will not increase over time, only when you inhale.
- Odorless and tasteless to respect the original taste and aromas.
- Non-stick, keeping easy to clean or maintain.
Basically, the design was thought out to create a thermal barrier between the heater and the loading chamber, so:
- The passive heat does not cook the herbs between inhalations or when the device is switched on.
- The main advantage is to prolong the organoleptic properties (taste and aroma), which are more intense and long-lasting.
CONVECTION-RADIATION CORE: intensity
This heating core (also called Glass GC) was developed in 2014 following the launch of the MV Decarboxylation Kit in 2013.
Some customers and users suggested to make an all glass core. In this way, the loading chamber could withstand higher temperatures, increasing the decarboxylation process, especially with regard to: conduction/radiation heating.
MiniVAP convection-radiation heating core
The result was a new heating air-path made of borosilicate which:
- Is perfectly safe and complies with food grade materials.
- Combines the convection-conduction-radiation heating at the same time, since the heat conductivity of glass is much greater than it is for Teflon. The glass air-path extends up to the loading chamber subjecting the herbs to a continuous/passive source of heat.
- Provides a stronger extraction and more density.
Here are some tips to help you to use and maintain the Glass Core:
- Clean the glass core regularly, especially to avoid vapor condensation on the walls of the loading chamber.
- Conduction/radiation heating increases decarboxylation of some active ingredients, so the effects might vary from a ‘cooked effect’.
Summary of Cores
- MV Convection Core (or PTFE-Glass QC): soft and subtle feeling, maintaining the terpenes and flavonoids (taste and aroma) longer.
In addition, there is more conduction/radiation and new effects when the MV Decarboxylation Kit, is installed.
- MV Convection-Radiation Core (or Glass QC): offers an intense feeling and dense vapor by increasing the conduction/radiation heat, offering higher extraction and more decarboxylation of the herbs.
All heating cores are made with clean and harmless materials:
food grade and safe for herbs and oils.