Here more information about mv GC, its beginning and usage.
The MiniVAP Glass Core (also called mv gc) was developed in 2014 by Hermes Medical after its release of the MV Decarboxilation Kit in 2013.
Some customers suggested including glass in the miniVAP, so higer temperatures would be reached and decaboxylation would be easier. The result of this was a new heating air-path which:
- Integrates a mixture of a convection-conduction core. Considering that glass has greater heat conductivity than Teflon. The glass air-path leads up to the loading chamber subjecting the herb to a continuous/passive source of heat.
- Provides a stronger extraction and more density. The GC is a core that can be calibrated to higher temperatures than the standards*.
After some trials and a warm reception, miniVAP saw answer to the customer’s suggestions.
Hereunder some tips that will help you with de usage and manteinance of your GC.
- The glass air-path absorbs more energy, so heating times and power consumption are slightly higher.
- Clean the gc regularly, especially if you put the herb directly into the loading chamber.
- Conduction heating increases decarboxylation in some active ingredients, so the effects might vary a little bit.
- Incompatibilities with GC and Accessories.
- Comparison between the Glass Core VS the MV Original Core.
We hope this information will help you with your user experience.
-The mV Team-