As you know, MiniVAP mainly extracts vapor by convection heating. So high levels of heat are transferred through the air to the plant material that you wish to vaporize. We truly believe that convection heating is the best way to make terpenes last longer and to avoid the ‘cooking’ process of conduction heating that modifies the taste and, in some way, the effect of our flowers.
After some conversations with a member (Jardri) of the Fuck Combustion forum who is very accustomed to running tests on different types and brands of vaporizers, we wish to share our conclusions and give you some new recommendations on using the MV in a new way, for a different user experience.
Jardri had quicker, denser, and tastier extraction in mind. Besides that, he mentioned the flow (easier inhalations) and recommended small amounts (micro-dosing) that worked better.
The solution is simple and easy (less is more). Place the flowers directly inside the loading chamber of the vaporizer, so the basket will not need to be loaded. There is more conduction and radiation heat when the flowers are at the bottom, which will soften inhalation (requiring less effort) and quicken the flow (vapor from the first drag).
Picture 1. Direct loading method in the MiniVAP cores.
Read and keep in mind the following tips for best results:
- The loading chamber must be prepared. So, if you own a MV Glass QC, make sure that a metal ring is already installed at the bottom of the loading chamber (found in all units and updates since 2021, otherwise contact us to obtain one). Now, place a 15MM filter disc (that you will find in the Starter kit) inside the loading chamber at the top of the ring. If you own a peek or Teflon-glass QC, no extra parts are needed.
- Keep using the baskets in the flexicone, but leave them empty. An empty basket retains the flowers at the bottom of the vaporizer (for free flow when inhaling).
- Load enough material and keep it well tamped, but be careful not to load so much that the airflow is restricted. Use the medium or small basket depending on how much you want the extract to move inside the loading chamber.
Other recommendations are:
- Empty the loading chamber after each session and keep everything very clean, otherwise you will find lots of condensed vapor and sticky particles at the top of the vaporizer and on the walls of the loading chamber after a few sessions.
- Higher temperature settings will help to maintain a clean unit as well as fully extracting the herbs until no more visible vapor is exhaled.
- Gently blow the empty chamber after each use.
Although our filling-method recommendation is to use the basket, because maintenance of the vaporizer is much easier and you can control the amounts you load; direct loading of your MiniVap can transform its behavior, surprising you with new MiniVAP experiences.
Additional note: This method works with every MiniVAP core, although Jardri recommended using the glass core with the 7-temp preset. Its hybrid heating technology worked much better for quick and complete extractions.
If you wish to share some information on this blog or ask about upgrading your unit, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.